Friday, 23 March 2012

Make-Up Monthly Review Box


I don’t know how many of you heard of Makeup Monthly, but it’s similar to Julep Maven, Topbox, Glymm etc. etc. and I decided to give it a try. Just received my box this month and want to share it with you guys. First off, Makeup Monthly goes by every 3, 6 or 12 months – not monthly. The price for 3 months is $55, 6 months for $110 and 12 months for $220. I opted for 3 months just to see how I like it. They also have 3 options for you to choose from, either nail club, cosmetic club or beauty care club. I naturally choose the nail club option.  

With my first box, I received 3 new Essie nail polishes (Café forgot, cute as a button and blanc) very standard colours in my opinion – nothing special and a set of toe dividers. I don’t know how I feel about this box right now because the colours seem to be so out-of-date and I am disappointed with my box. The Essie blanc looked like its been tampered with so I am a bit sketchy about this one. Also, I didn’t like the fact that I had to choose 3, 6, or 12 months right off the bat not knowing if I’ll like it or not and having no options to cancel like the other boxes. I guess I’ll have to wait until next month’s box comes and decide if I want to renew another 3 months.   

Café forgot is a nude polish with fine glitter (right) Cute as a button is a pink coral (centre) Blanc is a standard white polish (left)   What do you guys think? Would you sign up for Makeup Monthly? Or are you already signed up for something better? Thanks for stopping by! 

Irene x

No comments:

Post a Comment